C: Indulgent Day!



I had to work yesterday (Saturday, Labor Day weekend, no less!).  I had to travel an hour's drive north to interview some kids in need.  As I often do, I wrangled V to go with me and "meander." We knew of flea markets and home-cookin' cafes up that way to try out.  And, that's just what we did.  I don't often have that kind of meandering time so that, alone, was an indulgence.  We turned my work day into a fun day.  

Ummmm, fish eggs...not for me!

But the real indulgence came that evening when I nosed around for supper. 

First, let me ask you: What do you think of when you think of an "indulgence?"  Is it caviar with champagne?  Is it fine chocolates?  

Well, my friends, if that's the case with you, you may be missing out, for as I poked through my pantry, I found a true indulgence: a box of cheeseburger macaroni Hamburger Helper!  


 



Why this processed, full-of-artificials was in my pantry, I have no clue.  It is not something on my shopping list, so I assume that Son had brought it in as an impulse purchase some time. 

No matter how it got there--I was delighted to see it yesterday.  I had the ground beef in the fridge, so in no time I was sitting down to my TV tray for a relaxing comfort-food stroll down childhood memory lane...with my glass of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay to complement it.

Life just does not get any better! (and I have some left for lunch today!)

I'll get back to healthier eating after the holiday, I promise!

--C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post by K: Whirlwinds of Change & a New Normal

C: A Chili Dog and Country Life

C: Lessons on a Bridge