C: Autumn Smiles

autumn2Does it seem trite to write about the season, autumn?  Today I am feeling very grateful for the season.  It is brisk and beautiful out, and it caused me to stop and think about what I love about autumn:

  • Pots of soup on the scoyotetove
  • Coyotes yapping more than usual
  • Warm afghans on the couch
  • Wood neatly stacked on the back porch
  • An excuse to light a firefireplace
  • Hearthside chats
  • Color of its own, not found in other seasons

autumn3These pleasures are enough to chase away the gloom of darkening days and slow-arising mornings. 

Each season has its own pleasure, but autumn seems to me to be the most peaceful.  Summer and Winter are extremes that my aging self is finding harder and harder to tolerate. 

Winter sometimes has hushed beauty, but it is interspersed with hardship.

Spring is gorgeous, of course, but it seems so busy with thespring bursting of new life and volatile weather.

For me, autumn marks the end of my relentless mowing tasks and summer heat.  It is a time to rest and await the winter.

Hope you are all feeling this, too. 

Peace, C.

Comments

Hilary said…
It's always been my favorite time of year........warm, sunny days, cool nights. And the color.
LOVE it.

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post by K: Whirlwinds of Change & a New Normal

C: A Chili Dog and Country Life

C: Lessons on a Bridge