C: Crawling Back Out Into the Light.


You'll see from our sidebar that last night V and I had a meet-your-fellow-blogger dinner with Sandra of addhumorandfaith.  It did wonders to lift my spirits and to remind me of the importance of connection.  People are, after all, "herd animals."  I know that being connected is healthy for us.

I haven't posted in a while, but here I am: back and pondering on why I have been away from something I so love to do.  Those of you who have read this blog for very long will see a recurrent theme in my life.  When life gets hard--I mean really hard, because life always has challenges--I tend to go into a cave.  I don't really want to see friends, chat on the phone, and posting just seems impossible.  And life has crashed into me, once again, over the past couple of weeks.  Eventually I'll tell you about some of it, but that's not the point of this post.  And I don't want to always be whining...as easy as it would be for me!

Still, the blog is sitting there.  And you--my friends--are out there.  It nags me that I ignore you for these periods, and the nagging eventually brings me back.  It's like I have a social responsibility to my friends out there. It is why I understand the need for some bloggers who "take a rest" to announce that rather than just disappearing.  By making that announcement, there is acknowledgement of the relationship.  A nod to us that we are there and watching.  An acceptance that to some the "going away" might just matter, whether we actually "know" each other or not.

But dinner with Sandra last night only compounded my understanding that retreat from society is not the thing I should do.  I am, once again, grateful to you all for this outlet, for your friendship in a new and exciting way that is unique to our times, and to Sandra for jolting me out of my stupor!


My hat is off to you, all you bloggers out there!  You may just have a part in making me whole again!  C

PS - Yeaaa!  I got the "link" feature to work!!! (It's the little things...)

Comments

Vickie said…
hey there C, s glad to read that your spirits have been lifted..now you listen here okay..If'n you dive back into that cave I'll be sending some bats in there to herd you right back out again,,take care cheers Vickie
Anonymous said…
Welcome back C. We all have to handle those times in our own way. I have noticed that many times when one feels the need to whine, once those words are on the page, it easily turns to a feeling of realizing we all in this together and the real you comes out. We can take it. I go into the cave sometimes and when in a while, I can see better. So there you are. Come out with your eyes squenched up take a deap breath and carry on. Love you whines and all.
QMM
Anonymous said…
Hello...

I am so glad you have peeked out of your cave. Now come on out and let us all give you a hug.

Stay with us...I really enjoy reading your blog.
Vickie said…
C - good to have you back. I been wonderin' where you were. I think we all do that - hide in our caves. Yes, we are herd animals and need each other. But I also think that sometimes, a little inward meditating & instrospection on life is okay - guess it just depends on WHY you retreat. Anyway, good to see you post. We're here. We're not going anywhere, and when we retreat, we expect you to be there when we come back!
Michelle said…
Hey! So glad you are back. We all have our "cave" moments, but you have to come out sometime!
Glad to see you back. I think it happens to all of us, and sometimes we just have to force ourselves to go out and mingle with the herd. But it does get really comfortable in that cave! Hang in there (but not in the cave-then you might turn into a bat!) laurie
Bless your heart C. It's good to see you back, but I completely understand.I think all of us have felt the same way as you in different or even the same circumstances. But do know there are so many of us here in "blogland" that do not think of your posting your feelings as whining. Here's hoping a big load of cheer your way! blessings,Kathleen
jan said…
Glad to hear from you again.
I know the tendency to 'retreat', as it is one that I have employed many, many times. It is good as long as it is good and then, when it is not, come back out -
Kathleen said…
I wondered if those stick horses had run off with your somewhere!

You're certainly not alone in your cave-retreats. Isolating has long been the coping mechanism for many of us, though I think we'd all agree that trouble looses is power when it's disclosed & debunked. The prayers of friends are such a healing tonic.

Whatever's happened along your trail, I pray it is soon among the "all things" God has worked out for your benefit and blessing.

Kathleen
carla said…
Loved the 'cheese and whine'.

And good to see you back. It doesn't seem like whining to me.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Romans 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

That's what friends do. When you rejoice, we'll be rejoicing with you.
Jody Blue said…
Glad your back!! I love the sharing of blog land.
KathyB. said…
Congratulations to Cowgirl "V" and her daughter and and son-in-law on the birth of a healthy and beautiful baby! I am also very happy to read that you "C" are back to posting on your blog! Cave dwelling is O.K. for awhile though...restorative sometimes too, but as you said, God made us "herd animals" and we all need some human contact. At least blogging friends can be clicked off for awhile, and most of us won't pester you with phone calls! We're still here though....The best kind of friends sometimes, don't you think?
Anonymous said…
Hmmm. I'm amazed that that cute blonde chick (accompanied by that equally cute brunette chick) I had dinner with last Tuesday night was depressed! You couldn't have proved it by me. So, I love it that you want to give me some of the credit for "dragging" you out of the doldrums, but I think you were already making that journey on your own.

I had such a great time talking for hours (and eating during most of it too) with you two. I wish we could do it regularly. I could not have wished for the two of you to be as fun and interesting as you actually were. What a special evening. (My only regret is that I forgot to have Hubby take a picture of the three of us!)

Now it's your turn to come visit me! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post by K: Whirlwinds of Change & a New Normal

C: A Chili Dog and Country Life

C: Lessons on a Bridge