V: Sometimes Life Just Gets in the Way

Tyranny of the urgent 

Sometimes life just gets in the way of what I want to do.  Like post here more often!  Everything’s been so crazy lately that I find very little time to even visit the blogging neighborhood anymore, which I’ve discovered is a major way I chill and relax!
Years ago “C” gave me a little book about the Tyranny of the Urgent.  I need to reread it!  Seriously, it would make a great post—when I have time of course!  Sometimes we get so caught up in the “urgent”, we lose sight of the “important”—or what we are called to do.  Believe it or not every worthy endeavor though it is fine in and of itself,  may NOT be what “we”  or “I” am called to do.  It gives me pause to consider when my family needs me so much and my energies are so divided due a job I think I need financially.   Just being honest here! 


 ***UPDATE:  Eldest daughter has been hospitalized for a few days.  Your prayers would be much appreciated.

Eldest daughter is ill  and I can’t go into detail now—She has chronic conditions complicated by pregnancy.  We expect she will get better soon, but she has children she homeschools and they are all involved in extracurricular activities such as guitar lessons, homeschool groups, etc.  I’m trying to help out with meals, driving to guitar lessons, etc., but I’m also helping youngest daughter who is a single mother with a two year old son.  I pick him up  3-4 days a week and keep him until she gets home about 6:30.  I’m TIRED people!!!  Youngest daughter and her little one have been slowly moving in with us the past few weeks, but  they will be here full time beginning tonight.   The other day when I picked “J” up from daycare after work, he refused to walk to the car and when I finally got him there he arched his back screaming his head off.  I could NOT get him into that car seat!  Suddenly I had a flashback to my two year old son from almost 27 years ago behaving the same way.  I thought I had “retired” from that nonsense!  Oh well, he is so precious and cute that I forgive him!

_MG_0036

Oh yes, little “J” has a new Papillon puppy named “Desi”.  A boy and his puppy—what could be cuter?


_MG_0064




Youngest daughter recently was in a fashion show wearing a design made by her friend, local designer, Amber Taylor.

_MG_0061

I love the dress and it was perfect for her. 

_MG_0068
Yes, they were all glammed up!

_MG_0089
This little model wore a design by Punky Monkey!


_MG_0074
It was a beautiful October evening with a large crowd in the historic Hillcrest neighborhood!  Loved all the street vendors and this booth with all the vintage, kitschy stuff!  I was a good girl and didn’t buy a thing—except a chili dog!

_MG_0006

Hubby spent most of his time checking out the dogs in attendance—when he wasn’t snapping shots of “the prettiest girl in the show”!

Interesting dog here!
_MG_0113

Whew, it’s over!  Yes, she was nervous!

_MG_0115_MG_0117

Well, off  to face another harried week!  Happy tails to you!

THE END
The End.  Sorry, I couldn’t resist!

Comments

Vickie said…
Hi V - just happened to see your post! Yes, you have been busy. You gotta do whatcha gotta do! That's how it is in blogland - family comes first!

What a precious little grandson! Look at those eyes... Isn't it fun having a two-year-old again? I remember all that...

Your daughter is lovely - I'll bet she had fun doing that fashion show! I'm sure she was nervous but excited.

You take care - and let us hear from you when you can!
happyone said…
Busy times for you. Hope your daughter gets better soon.
Your grandson is adorable and your daughter is very pretty.
Hang in there.
TexWisGirl said…
your daughter is gorgeous, as is your grandson. hope life evens out for you and yours soon.
Sandra said…
What a gorgeous daughter, V. And she looks just stunning in that dress. It must have been fun to watch her do it.
Vee said…
Oh, V, it all sounds so exhausting, especially the part about not being able to get your little grand in the carseat. A grandmother could put her back out!

Take care, and don't forget to take time for you especially now when things sound so incredibly challenging in your family. Don't worry about Blogdom, we'll keep the light on and look for you.

All the best!
kath001 said…
Good wishes for you and yours. Hope you get a breather now and then.
I seem to remember that book but do know what we seem to think is urgent, rarely is all that urgent. What we have is the breath in our lungs, that and all else is naught but a gift from God.
Vickie said…
Just popped back by to say a prayer for your daughter in the hospital...

When it rains it pours, doesn't it!

Take care of YOU, too, V. You are too valuable to your family just now to get sick...

Hugs ~~~
Heeeheheh, happy 'tails' to you. Girl your too funny!!!

Youngest daughter is just stunnin' in that dress all glammed up. She looks like a natural pro!

Know that I will have eldest daughter on my heart and in my prayers. I have eight grandkiddos and I know they can wear ya down...even if your as spastic as me! Heeehehehe!!!

You little screamer is just too darn stinkin' cute!!! OOooh, those eyes are precious.

God bless ya sweetie and have a terrific Tuesday. Sleep well girl!!!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
I'm late reading your post but do hope that your daughter is out of the hospital and feeling better now. I'll keep her in my prayers.
Your daughter is beautiful...and I love the dress!
Hang in there...we'll all still be here when you have more time to post.
Hugs,
Cheryl
I had to take a double look, I thought your daughter was friends with Ann Taylor!!
Your daughters dress was adorable!
KathyB. said…
I completely understand!Blogging is very enjoyable to me, but family is what is important. I don't think I could stand before God, or any judge & jury and say "gee, I know my family needed me, but hey, blogging....".

Your grandson is pretty, your daughter is beautiful! What fun times for you , even though they leave you tired.

Yes,I'll pray for your daughter. Blessings to you & yours.
Youngest daughter is beautiful!... and healing thoughts sent your older daughter's way... take care of YOU, too, V.
Anonymous said…
Dee from Tennessee

Oh.My.Gosh. --- your lil grandson is sooooooo cute! So cute! MElT.
Your daughter is stunning - love the hair, the dress, everything!! She is beautiful and wow was that dress made for
her or what??!?

Prayers that your daughter is much, much better now!!

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post by K: Whirlwinds of Change & a New Normal

C: A Chili Dog and Country Life

C: Lessons on a Bridge