C: Ahhhhhhhhhh!

pajama2 Who invented pajamas?  I’m serious.  Who is the person who came up with the idea that we must have something loose and comfortable in which to sleep?  Whoever came up with it, I am indebted to him/her.

I am absolutely certain that it was a woman.  Men seem to relish things like sleeping in the outdoors on the ground.  In their clothes.  Now that I think of it, I bet women invented beds, too.  And three-hundredasian1-count sheets.  Don’t you think?

Could it be our Asian friends who came up with this wonderful attire?  Some of their clothing looks very pajama-like.  Geishas walk around in robes, don’t they?  (Don’t think about those awkward shoes and bound feet…) 

See these stylish Asian pajamas, to the right?

All I know is this: I have been working waaaaay too hard lately and waaaaay too many days.  I am troubled by this, especially since I am just coming over hump-day today into what should be the home-stretch of the work week, and I already have scheduled an “emergency” settlement meeting on Sunday afternoon.  Nope, can’t be avoided.

Why, I don’t even have time to write on this blog, as you can plainly see by how long it has been since I posted.

pajama But, back to subject.  I am so tired in the evenings that when I finally get home—even if it is before 6:30 p.m.--I’ve put in at least ten, maybe twelve hours.   I go straight to the dressing closet, take off those tiring work clothes and uncomfortable shoes, and pull on some pajamas to pad around in the rest of the evening.

My country home has a wonderful back porch.  It is just right for sitting out there in the warm spring weather with my cat, reading in my PJ’s, never fearing if anyone can see, although I doubt I would mind in any case

Our good friend Sandra has revealed to us that she sleeps in T shirts, and I know many who do.  I occasionally grab one to top my pajama bottoms when the matching top is not readily apparent.  My mother and V are sold on gowns.  I’m not into them.  They get wrapped up on my legs, and Igown don’t like running around the house in them.  MIL seems to be a sensible pajama person.

No, I’m a pajama girl—I’m in a pair of light cotton knit lavender ones right this very second, which has inspired this post.  They have a wonderful lightness and an exquisitely comfortable elastic waist band (very important).  I am feeling very “ahhhhhhh.”

So, to whomever invented these special sleep relaxation clothes, my hat is off to you!  (Along with my suit, and my heels, and my hose, and….)

Are you a PJ person or a gown person or a T-shirt person?  Inquiring minds want to know.  C

PS – And there are those of you who sleep au naturel….I don’t get it.  Do you not know?  Monsters can get you!  Must wear pajamas…

Comments

Joolz said…
I have 2 sets of scrumptious PJ's, the pants are stretchy Tshirt material that is reeeeally stretchy and I buy the tops 2 sizes too big so they are nice and sloppy. My girls have always put on their pj's as soon as they get home from school. We are getting lovely sunny days and coolish evenings now so PJ's are the way to go when I get home from work.

Cheers - Joolz
Joy said…
I love something loose and cottony, tops and bottoms. I used to wear those flannel gowns in the winter--I'm too hot to wear them now, and yes, they do wrap around your legs and feel like a straight jacket. Of course, the hubby likes to see me in something more risque than cotton T's and cropped pyjama bottoms. Oh, and my chennile robe and house shoes... heaven!
kath001 said…
When I was little, my mother made me wear flannel pajamas. DESPISED them! They made it so hard to move around under the covers. I felt like a little cut out character stuck to a Sunday School flannel board...stuck, stuck, stuck. As soon as I had a say in the matter, I never wore pajamas again. Until a few years ago, that is. When I discovered pajamas made out of t-shirt fabric. Wow, I LOVE those! You can putter around the house and even outside in perfect modesty.

I still take the bottoms off when I crawl between the sheets, though. Can't stand the thought of that giant flannel board invading my nightmares again. :)
Vee said…
Oh I do love my pajama sets, but then I also love a comfy nighty and I've been known to sleep in a t-shirt and I've also been known to... Oh this is just too much information. I can not imagine how tired you are at the end of a 12 hour day...physically and mentally. I'm glad that you cozy down to your jammies and the back porch when you get home. Goodness knows you deserve it! Sunday? Really? Hope you're taking Monday off.
My current sleeping attire is an extra large tee shirt that was originally warn in Sandra's hubby's campaign for sheriff oh so long ago. I have two of them and alternate between them. Whatever will I do when they give up the ghost? :)
I love, love, love my PJ's and I sit ut on my fornt porch in them and rock:)) Have been known to go to themal box in them:) thought of going to the store but so far have told myself no:)) Glad work is busy but know you need a break so take osme C time:) hugs
I am definitely a T-shirt and pj bottoms person. Gowns annoy me to no end, I did try the romantic cotton type.. UGH!.. they get tangled in my legs and I feel claustrophobic. Laughing at Kath001's flannel perdicament.. ditto!!
happyone said…
I am NOT a pajama person. I wear long sleeve tee shirts or nothing at all.
I do wear sweats in the evening around the house.
I tried again and finally figured it out. PJ's are it no matter how hot or cold it gets. The most comfortable outfits are my PJ's.
It's a cotton short nightie for me--knee length, short sleeves--no scratchy seams or lace to bother me. I am so hot natured I need my legs bare! I've been thinking about getting some thin, soft knit pj's to try out. I've heard that Victoria's Secret carries them and they are NOT risque!!! lol
V
KathySue said…
Basically a PJ person, however, I bought a short, soft cotton nightie the other day at Kohl's and it is not bad. But I prefer a short sleeve PJ top or loose t-shirt with short bottoms in the summer and capri bottoms in the winter...never long! Too hot! When company comes and I care what someone would "see" when I go start coffee in the morning, I wear a thicker t-shirt and some comfy workout shorts that I have that are not too much "spandex" to be seen in public! They are kind of sweatshirt material and I deem them "acceptable". I agree...it was definitely a woman that invented PJ's:) Thank you!
Anonymous said…
Dee from Tennesse

In the hot summer, I wear short short sleeveless gowns, the thinner the better. Rest of the time, I wear tshirts and flannel pjs but I don't like them to match.lol. I buy the life is good brand tshirts that are seconds....they have no logo, they are usually only $5.00 and they are perfect to wear with the soft flannel pj bottoms.
Suzanne said…
I love soft cotton knit pj's. long pants for the winter and short in the summer.I could just live in them..

Enjoy your blog,thanks
Sandra said…
C -- As I said in the post where I told about wearing t-shirts to bed, I started wearing them and baggy cotton shorts as my pj's when my kids were teenagers and I wanted to be dressed comfortably but still prepared at any time to meet friends they brought home or if I had to get up in the middle of the night and read them the riot act for being late getting home.

Of course, I've not had that excuse for many years now, but the t-shirts and baggy shorts are still my favorite sleep attire. And I've been known to put them on as early as the afternoon, if I know I'm in for the evening. As you say, Ahhhhh, nothing more comfortable. :)
Vickie said…
Me? I'm a little short t-shirt person. Don't like things around my legs while asleep. Also, hot flashes are not cool when you have on too much clothing!!! I usually sleep with no covers or just a sheet and at least one foot out from under the covers AND a box fan!!! If I need bottoms to run around the house, I dig in my husband's chest and grab a pair of his oversized PJ bottoms!
Jody Blue said…
In the winter for me its well washed flannels, they feel so good. Come spring(if it ever does decide to come)I opt for something lighter. A friend gave me 2 sets of pajamas made from bamboo(who-a-thunk it?!?), the are like cotton silk, and so comfortable!
Jody Blue said…
Oh yeah, I didn't use hypertufa, I had never even heard of it, we just used bagged cement. But I did do a bit of hypertufa research and think I need to give that a whirl!
Joolz said…
Hi C,

In answer to your curry question - I guess it is the different chillies and spices in each one.

Here is a good link with lots of Q&A's. I don't like a hot curry, just a tasty, fragrant one.

http://www.templeofthai.com/cooking/about_thai_curry.php


Cheers - Joolz

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post by K: Whirlwinds of Change & a New Normal

C: A Chili Dog and Country Life

C: Lessons on a Bridge